10 tips by Rashmi Ahluwalia
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Same applies for your travel wardrobe. Convenience and confidence is the key:
1. Put on your best tiny dress and throw on a casual blazer in a peppy colour like pink and blue. This look is both fashionable and chic while being effortless enough for an early morning flight.
2. Work the monochrome trend in your favour. Team up high-waisted black pants with a black tee. Drape a white scarf casually over your shoulders or pair the all-black look with a white long and light coat. Add a pop of colour with a pink or a metallic satchel. This look exudes practical fashion like no other!
3. A floral long dress is a perky yet simple way to look chic while travelling. You can team the dress up with neon flats or wedges that complement the floral print. Looking fresh as a daisy without looking overdone has never been easier.
4. If you want to go for the super-easy, vacation appearance, pyjamas are not the answer. Thank God that we have a trendy alternative which is all the rage in the fashion circles, the palazzo pants. Pick a bright shade for an early morning train or a darker one with tribal imprints for a night flight. Pair these up with comfy wedges and short tank tops. Not only will you look tall and confident but also stylishly nonchalant, an ideal while travelling.
5. Another trick that always works when you want to pull off the effortlessly stylish look is teaming a pair of shorts with a polka-dotted or striped oversize top. Pair this up with a cross-body bag and you’re ready to make heads turn even as you fly.
6. The favourite celebrity style when on-the-go comprises skinny jeans and a tailored jacket. To spruce up the look, you can wear a bright tee in a citrusy colour and jazz things up with comfortable heels and chic sunglasses.
7. Oversize jumpers with floral printed pants or pants with interesting geometric patterns are totally in vogue this spring. Accessorise with some chunky jewellery if you like to keep things blingy!
8. A vintage-inspired frock with causal pumps also does the job when it comes to travel fashion. Feminine fashion that is functional is never easier than with this ensemble. Throw over a shrug with tiny polka dots for greater definition.
9. A low-key but super trendy approach always works when travelling. Blue jeans, a crisp white shirt, complete with red heels and a red lip colour to boot is just the right way to look understated and coquette all at once.
10. The perfect way to travel in the approaching hot weather will be to keep things minimalistic. Pair nude cotton trousers with shirts in lemony hues and gladiators and you’re all set to be the coolest and most stylish person on board.
About Rashmi Ahluwalia
Designer and Founder – Stalkbuylove.com
Born and raised in Germany, Rashmi has proven her incredibly strong instinct for trend, fashion and design across Europe in cities like Barcelona, Madrid, Amsterdam, London, Berlin and Milano since the last two decades. As an entrepreneur, she is deeply involved in the designing and curating aspect of every product under her label founded in March 2012. With a successful completion of Masters of Arts & Bachelors of Arts from Modeschule Schloss Eller, Dusseldorf, Germany, Rashmi went on to assume the responsibilities of the Head Designer at Spider Lugani GmbH & Co KG, Alfa Designs GmbH, Full Power GmbH, New Morigan GmbH. During her tenure, her commercial designs have sold more than 300 million times in the “European fashion Biz” through prominent high-/street fashion brands.