Dolly Kumar, Director, Gaia, shares some healthy muesli recipes
A perfectly balanced mixture of whole grains, fruits, nuts and other delicious but healthy additives, Muesli provides a far healthier alternative for the first meal of the day
Multigrain Muesli Pankcakes
- 3 cups Gaia crunchy muesli
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups lowfat buttermilk
- Water as needed
· Pulse the Muesli in food processor until cereal is in very small crumbs. Stir together the dry ingredients.
· Mix the dry ingredients with the eggs and buttermilk. Let it stand 10 minutes on the counter. Add water as necessary to thin to a pancake batter consistency.
· Cook in olive oil until both sides are golden brown.
Yummy Muesli Parafaits with Gaia Crunchy Muesli (serves 4)
· 2 cups Gaia Crunchy Muesli
· 1 cup diced fruits
· 2 cups flavoured yoghurt
· Handful of chopped toasted nuts
- Line up four small cups or parafait glasses.
- A dd spoonfuls of muesli into each cup.
- Layer with yoghurt and chopped fruits.
- Add a layer of muesli, yoghurt and fruits.
- Top with toasted nuts.