Protection from UVA and UVB rays
They call it French formulation, Brazilian inspiration, Indian application, but I call it made for sensitive skin. The new entrant in the burgeoning Indian beauty market is Avène, an acclaimed brand of the French group Pierre Fabre. It has brought in a specialised sun care range for Indians, made with thermal spring waters.
The promise for Emulsion Dry Touch for the face was very high protection and SPF 50+ for the hot weather the country experiences. The sun block comes in an air-free tube and is light. It does not stick on the skin but gives it a smooth velvety feel. For this I would say, carry it around in the summers and it would help.
The emulsion is said to have minerals and organic filters as the water comes from thermal springs but the effects of that would be visible on a long term basis only. The promise is also a skin free of acne and blemishes but that again would show after few weeks of use.
What I felt after using it for a few days:
- It works best for sensitive skin. I have a combination skin and my sister has a sensitive one. The results were better with her.
- To see melanin slow down, I would have to use it for a longer period, maybe a month more.
- It is certainly soothing and it does moisturize.
- It is non-sticky which is why I really liked it and it’s easy to carry.
- It is parabens-free and water-resistant which again means you won’t feel it trickling down with sweat.
Emulsion Dry Touch: for normal to combination skin: 50 ml tube @1250 INR; Cream for dry skin: 50 ml tube @1250 INR
Available at: Chemist stores in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Noida and Thane.
To find a store near you, visit: http://www.aveneindia.com/