Located in Delhi’s plush M Block market, Greater Kailash I, aromas of fresh ingredients greet all those who enter the world of Getafix
A cosy ambience, some friends to gossip with and lots of healthy eating, such is the promise of this café. Right from the ambience to the pricing, everything is about comfort. The menu comprises pizzas, pastas, sandwiches, burgers, bowl meals and starters. And for the drinks are fresh fruit and vegetable juices, smoothies, soups, teas and coffees.
What makes all this worth eating is the freshness and the food comes straight out of a live kitchen. It’s almost like sitting in the kitchen and eating dishes the moment they are off the flames and on the plate. There is a lot of emphasis on presentation and the cutlery is good quality.
The brainchild of Dhruv Chawla and Aanandita Chawla, the café is named after the tall Getafix from Asterix comics. And the moment you see the books corner, you realise ‘Get a fix’ is not only about getting fixed with healthy food. “When we go out to eat, we want to indulge and not worry about calories. This is where Getafix comes. The food is well prepared, you get all the comfort you need and you don’t have to worry about the calories.” Dhruv has completed his M.Sc. in International business and management from the University of Manchester and Aanandita studied journalism with masters in film making.
What makes this café interesting:
- The hand painted wall which has been created in complementary colours, giving a European feel to the place.
- The books rack and the cozy section to enjoy reading in.
- The colours teal, lime green and yellow, give it a lively ambience.
- Health conscious ones would like the quinoa burger, the bowl meals, air fried fish and chips.
- The juices and smoothies have a good portion of fresh fruits, unlike most commercial restaurants which aim at edible colors and syrups.
- Deserts are made of jaggery and natural chocolate. There is minimum or no use in of refined sugar.
- And not to forget the free wi-fi!
- Moreover, there is a special discount for students.
The dessert platter with five different kinds of desserts and chamomile tea was truly guilt free indulgence!
Address: M-15, First Floor, GK 1, M Block Main Market, New Delhi, India