Here are four cosmetologists, dermatologists and clinics in Delhi where lie antidotes to ageing and sagging skin. And you also get some skincare tips
1. Hydra Facial at Aayna
The facial is a 30-minute odd session but its results are tremendous. It makes your skin supple, shine. The process includes five steps:
1. Cleansing and Exfoliation – Dead cells are gently removed to uncover smoother healthy skin
2. Peeling Serums – Gentle chemical peeling cleanses pores and improves pigmentation.
3. Extractions – Painless, quick extraction of blackheads and whiteheads with a special vacuum tip.
4. Hydration – Vortex fusion technology for deep penetration of antioxidants and hyaluronic acid, which help hydrate skin and reduce signs of aging.
5. Protection – The Hydra facial range of products used during the treatment include a special sunscreen which looks invisible on skin and helps sustain and secure treatment results.
Done by trained therapist, you don’t need to mess your clothes or even bother about how your hair would look later. It’s something that takes care of all your skin’s needs, says Dr Soin. If done on a regular basis, as in about a month’s time like a normal cream facial, it improves skin quality, texture and has an anti-ageing effect. It helps in regulating skin cycles, assists in reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, blocked up and enlarged pores, sensitive or acne-prone skin, brown spots and hyper pigmentation.
It touches the deepest layer of your skin to rejuvenate it and for two days, no threading, no soap and no going out without a sunscreen. It is suitable for all akin types, especially for acne-prone skin.
Dr Simal Soin, the dermatologist who dreamed up Aayna, shares some more skin secrets:
Why are these treatments not found in regular hospitals?
eople like their privacy for looking beautiful. And we are happy to make them look beautiful where they wish to.
What is the difference in treatments through German and US technology?
I use the US technology and I think it’s just wonderful. Good machines make all the difference in the treatment. It’s a quality versus quantity issue and for me quality rules. People do sometimes come and tell me that they have heard of someone offering a more competitive price for the treatments, but as I offer quality, I stick to what is better for the client in the long run. For instance I offer a treatment for anti-ageing called Thermage. This is really expensive and it reaches its peak in about six months as the collagen is stimulated. We cannot stop ageing but we can enjoy good skin at any time.
Difference between serums, creams and gels…
Serums penetrate the deepest layer of the skin, creams a little less and gels are pleasant for surface use.
You also have a salon…
Yes, it’s an aesthetic clinic; this gives people a chance to do get all their regular beauty treatment too.
What more comes under brand Aayna?
We hold workshops and individual sessions by the masters in Reiki, past life regression therapy, chakra balancing, hypnotherapy, tarot cards, pranic healing and meditation. Take care of your skin on a daily basis by using a sunscreen. Avoid smoking, it ages your skin. Take regular doses of Vitamin C. Use a gentle gel cleanser.
- Always remain hydrated: Eat proper food like fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, egg white, water and fresh juices. Don’t be in a hurry for the right food helps keep the skin hydrated.
- Carry a sunblock and repeat it every two-three hours: Put on your sunscreen half-an-hour before leaving. And repeat it every few hours, for there is no point in doing it once. The effect wears off soon and then with exposed skin, there is more damage. You tan faster and age faster. For wheatish skin, SPF 30 with ph balance of PA+++ is good. For whitish skin, SPF 50 is good.
- Sanitize and moisturize: While hand sanitizers are good, you also need to keep the hands moisturized or they start ageing. Sanitizers dry the skin, so always moisturize.
- Exfoliate at night and rejuvenate: It’s best not to scrub the face in the day as that exposes the skin. Scrub and moisturize at night.
- Don’t use soap with detergents: Some chemicals damage the skin. If you need to clean the face too often, its best to ask the doctor what suits your skin best. Water is the best cleanser.
My experience: I tried the laser skin rejuvenation, which takes about an hour. And the results are instantaneous. I saw an improvement in colour and after 10 days, I saw a reduction in fine lines. It helps in reducing pigmentation and giving a better tone to the skin. The number of sessions depends on the skin type and the problems. It is good to keep a gap of 45 days between sessions, as collagen stimulation takes some time.
I was introduced to this anti-ageing method at Kubba Skin Clinic in Delhi. Run by Dr Raj Kubba and his Dr Asha Kubba, this clinic offers state-of-the-art facilities for skin care. Thermage Comfort Pulse Technology is a US FDA approved non-invasive procedure for skin tightening as well as anti-ageing. The skin has layers of collagen and this collagen keeps the skin, healthy, tight and toned. As we age, the collagen activity gets slower and the skin starts sagging and wrinkling. Thermage utilizes monopolar radiofrequency technology to deliver uniform volumetric heating into the dermal layers of the skin to help naturally tighten and contour underlying tissue. This treatment takes 90 minutes for a face treatment to give a younger looking skin in a single sitting. It is not a surgical procedure and does not even need an injection. This treatment works on most body parts, including the face, upper and lower eyelids, tummy, arms, hands, thighs and buttocks. The change is visible instantly but for really effective results it takes about three months as collagen activity increases. Thermage® heats the deeper layers of the skin to help tighten existing collagen and stimulate the body’s natural renewal of collagen. Most Thermage® patients benefit from a single treatment. The Thermage CPT procedure is a safe treatment that is performed only in a doctor’s clinic. It also does not need any pre-procedure preparation, such as blood work or fasting. Most patients can return to their regular activities immediately. Some patients exhibit a temporary redness or minor swelling after treatment, which normally resolves within 24 hours. Good skin care and sunscreens are recommended.
How often do you need a Thermage? Results may last for years depending on the skin condition and natural aging process. The procedure costs between INR 1-1.4 lakh.
4. Instant glow at ISAAC
Founded by Dr Geetika Mittal Gupta, the International and Skin Anti-Ageing Centre aka ISAAC offers all services related to dermatology, cosmetology and body contouring. I didn’t get to meet the founder personally, but she specializes in providing non-surgical skin and weight loss solutions and facial rejuvenation, I was told. There are FDA-approved medical technologies like laser treatments for acne scars, skin lightning and skin rejuvenation, laser hair reduction, chemical peels, anti-ageing treatments for non surgical face lift, injectables Botox and Juvederm fillers, and other cosmetic procedures.
My suggestion: Take the expert’s advice and then opt for the right course of treatment. Follow the skin care regime as prescribed for better results. Get your skin tested and know what suits you. Expensive products might be lucrative but you might not need them at all!
Things to remember: Night creams and anti-ageing creams help but only with fine lines. Bleaching is fine as long as a lot of bleach is not used. Any redness or rash means you need to stop. Don’t be too aggressive with the skin. Treat it gently.