- Versatile and colourful, MyGlamm to the rescue all the time. The range has been developed by experts across Europe and has vitamins, minerals and protectors. Morever, it is affordable. While lipstick is probably found in every woman’s bag, keeping the compact Total Makeover FF Cream is important. This compact has a mirror and comes with a primer, concealer, foundation, compact, SPF30 + skin tone correctors (INR 1,450).
MyGlamm lip colour comes as Lip Fusion. On one side is the lip colour and another is the gloss, and you get that peppy look in seconds (INR 995). Those who might not like the gloss, can also choose the mattes. I try both at different times. Then the eyes—the 3 in 1 includes a primer, eyeshadow and highlighter (INR 1,195). The nail paints too come in a pack of two—they have a gel finish (INR 390).And the quality is super.
2. Colorbar is preservative free, allergen free, nano ingredient free, perfume free and dermatologically tested. The lip gloss have my saviour on many occasions. It gives that instant happy look. All you need is one stroke of application. There are many shades, from nudes to bright bursts of colour–Red Glass, Nude Light, Pink Glass, Pink Echo, Cherry Sheen, Rose Reflect, Coral Embrace and Brown Sheen (INR 675).
3. Long term compacts by Korean brand, Innisfree, have become my faves. The two products, Long Wear Cushion and Water Glow Cushion foundation, come in three shades so that there is one for every skin type. These are: No. 13: Light Beige, No. 21: Natural Beige and No.23: True Beige. The pack has an Air Magic Puff to give that even texture. These eco-friendly and natural products live upto the promise of a make-up base that reduces sallowness, improves uneven skin. The compacts also act as sunscreens.
Innisfree Long Wear Cushion (SPF50+/PA+++), (INR 1,700) is a summer-proof make-up base that keeps the skin refreshed for 12 hours with high resistance against sweat and sebum. Apt for Indian weather which swings into extremes.
The Innisfree Water Glow Cushion (SPF50+/PA+++), (INR 1700) with key ingredient Jeju-squeezed fresh green tea essence. The water glow complex coats the skin with a veil of moisture and simultaneously soothes the skin with its instant cooling effect.
4. KIKO MILANO, an Italian cosmetics brand, was founded in 1997 by Percassi. Its famous for the makeup range and face and body treatments. What I liked: the nail paints—smooth, bright and long-lasting. Of course, makeup lovers will not get exhausted with this brand. The range encompasses all age groups.
5. Revlon has wide range of skincare, haircare and makeup products. There are some amazing long lasting lip colours which survive for almost 12 hours without a touch-up. But I like this brand for its hair colour range. The quality is good and the hair doesn’t get frizzy or dry.
6. Specialising in manufacturing and distribution of skincare products, SeaSoul Cosmeceuticals was founded by Manisha Chopra. Talking about her journey, Chopra revealed that she was inspired to start her beauty product range after an experience at the Dead Sea. She worked on developing natural therapeutic products for a long time with experts from Australia. SeaSoul Cosmeceuticals offers 20 products for different types of facials and other specialised skin care treatments. It also has a Body Candle Collection and the warm melted oil from theses candles can be poured onto the skin for a detoxifying treatment. The three things Chopra recommends that every girl must keep in her bag are: Mascara, Lipgloss/Lipstick and CC Cream.
7. A family run business, Alps Beauty Group has some long-lasting products. Founded by Bharti Taneja, it offers a wide range of highlighters, lipsticks, liners and more. The range is reasonably priced (INR 300 onwards) and lasts for a good one to two years, depending on the product. A firm believer in lasting beauty, Taneja says, “Technology is important. For controlling wrinkles or fine lines, machines are needed.”
Taneja says each product takes about six months to reach completion. “These products are rich with vitamins. We have a chain of academies, salons. These products are available on Amazon, other online portals, in malls and at our outlets.”
Both her daughters are make-up artists. The elder one, Gunjan Gaur, is trained in permanent colouring, and the younger one, Ishika Taneja, an airbrush make-up artist, got the Guinness World Record for “Most Faces Airbrushed in One Hour” under which she implemented – 60 make-ups in 60 minutes. As Gunjan puts it, “We offer an end-to-end product from a woman for a woman. And why should we go to other countries to get it? This way, we give more employment in the country.”
An instant shine: A gold or a silver highlighter can brighten up the face. This highlighter can be used on the face as well as an eye shadow.